How to add and delete contacts in GmailPosted on
Adding and deleting contacts from one’s Gmail account is very easy. Just you need to follow few steps and abide by what Gmail tells you in order to proceed further. Therefore, we have enlisted down ways as to how you can add as well as delete contacts from your Gmail account.
How can one add new contacts in his Gmail account?
If you are someone whose majority of the work is done through Gmail, then you would definitely like to keep your contacts up to date. In this way, it will be very easy for you to find as who has emailed you. Not only this, but you will also be able to compose a message quickly as the person to whom you are going to send the mail will be already added in your contact list. Therefore, adding of contacts in your Gmail account ease your work a lot. That is why we have enlisted down some steps as to how you can add contacts in your Gmail account. Learn more about how to share gmail contacts in this article.
- Users are advised to go to Google Contacts. This can be done by tapping on the grid present in the top right corner of the screen and select Contacts from there.
- Then, select the Create Contact -> Create a contact option. This is present in the page’s top-left corner.
- Fill in the relevant information along with the person’s name and Save it.
How can one add new Gmail contacts from a message?
If you have received a message from a person and would like to add that person in your Contact list, then you can do it by:
- Opening the email message.
- Then, click on the menu icon which is symbolized by 3 dots and is present next to the reply button.
- Finally, click the option Add Contact Name to Contacts list.
How can one delete the contacts in Gmail?
This can be done by following these steps:
- Users are required to go to Google Contacts.
- Here, search for the name of the contact that you want to delete.
- The search box is usually located at the top of the screen.
- Go through the relevant results that have been shown.
- Open the respective contact cards.
- Instead of doing this, you can also scroll down the contact list in order to find the contact card of the person.
- Click on the menu option which is represented by three dots.
- Click the delete option.
Also, if you want to keep their contact details without allowing their contact cards to appear in your contact list, then click on the Hide from contacts. You will still be able to search their name in your Google contacts but they won’t be listed on your phone or on your computer.
Some Tips: Always remember to clear the list of duplicated contacts from your contact list. This will prevent you from sending a wrong mail to a contact card having the same name.
Learn more about Shared Contacts for Gmail Gsuite Marketplace App
Learn More about Share Email Contacts for Gmail Chrome Extension
Learn more about article on How to share Google contacts with Gmail Users.